Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out? Ah, but what if it does?

Facebook's gone! Guess I should celebrate or something.
....yippee....
ANYWAY, something simply magical happened tonight.
There I was, listening to a sad love song crying because I thought I'd lost my friend to another girl, when all of a sudden, my phone vibrates!
It was him! Asking me to guess where he was.
I guessed right, of course. I make it a point to be creepy like that...not really.
After telling him I work for the CIA and him bouncing off a comeback, we got past the inevitable small talk and he said these words which never fail to break my heart into teeny weeny pieces:
"I wish i could see you"
I am such a girl. No, really.
One second I'm sobbing and asking God for one more chance and literally the next second, BOOM! Answer.
Life works funny sometimes, don't it?
But for us, it was never sometimes. It was all the time.
For the past two years, I've been annoying God for one more chance and getting it. But why? It's never happened before. One minute, I was telling Him that I didn't want to be lonely anymore and the next I'm talking to the guy who would become the best friend I've ever had. How does that happen? It's amazing...and scary.
Do I really want to take the chance and fall for this guy?
Too late. He's awesome.
But I thought that about other guys, too. What makes this one so different?
I'll tell you.
I didn't pick him. All the other guys I liked because I chose to like them. I didn't choose to like this guy.
I just did.
I did from the moment I saw his awkward little quirks. I did from the moment he smiled randomly for no particular reason. I did from the moment he looked at me with those deep blue eyes.
I admit it. I'm smitten. Twitter-pated. Hook, line, and sinker. My face hurts from falling so fast.
But you know what, I'm willing to take the chance with him. Even though he told me we're too alike in personality to be anything more, I will stubbornly refuse to give up my hopes. Just like a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment