Saturday, August 4, 2012

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

It's not everyday you see kittens at Pizza Hut.
Not inside, of course, but apparently the cats' mother decided that the bushes by two busy roads was the best place to raise her skiddish young. While waiting for our pizza at the drive-thru (and enjoying our free drinks, courtesy of the cute window guy), I spotted one grey kitten and one black kitten nosing around in a small grassy area by some bushes. Always the one to show my zeal for feline friends, I immediately point them out to my sister. We both ooh and ahh about them for a few minutes before wondering who was taking care of them. Upon further inspection of the area, I spied two empty cans of cat food near the bushes. The employees of that Pizza Hut have my grandest respect. It's not everyday that a company as busy as a pizza place will go out of their way to show kindness to something as small as few kittens in the bushes outside their place. I wanted to go inside and commend whoever it was for their act of selflessnes. I also wanted to share my condolences for the one kitten that had been hit. Instead of leaving the lifeless cat on the side of the road, someone (one of the staff who feeds them, I assume) had removed the cat and hid it in the bushes away from the road.
Now that's honorable.
I have no doubt that someone had a rough start to their day at work after that happened.
I love stories like these. I have a collection of photos of soldiers, policemen, and firemen with kittens they've either saved or become friends with.
They're so awesome, I must share them:










I have lots more; if anyone wants to see them, you can either ask or google image search them.
These are the true hearts of heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment