Friday, August 10, 2012

being alone never felt right. sometimes it felt good, but it never felt right.

I've been feeling extaordinarily lonely today. Maybe it has something to do with that fact that I haven't seen a single soul yet today...and it's 6:30...PM.
This is not how I want to live my life, but it's happening.
Does anyone even read this?
I'd like to think I make a difference to someone who reads this, but I'm just not seeing anything near some sort of evidence to make me believe that I am.
Is anyone out there? Listening to me rant about things I see every day? Listening to my observations about the various happenstances that, well, happen?
...anyone?
Anyway, I watched a lot of tv today and decided to write this:

Tips for directing/writing a ScyFy B-movie:::
1. start with 3 dudes doing something, alone, in the wide open space. Have the monster attack them. Leave no survivors.
2. Hire three freshmen college students to do all of the CG. All of it.
3. Hire a cheap stuntman to prance around in an obviously rubber prosthetic suit.
4. TELL THE ACTORS THAT MAYBE IF THEY TALK LOUD ENOUGH, THE MONSTER WON'T HEAR THEM!
5. Don't introduce the monster after the first time until about, oh, let's say, three-quarters of the way into the movie. I mean, everyone loves drawn-out backstories right? right?
6. No, no, no. Just having the monster terrorize everyone isn't horrific enough. Throw in some kind of natural disaster like a blizzard or a tornado. That'll keep the audience on the edge of their seats.
7. Hey, here's a good idea! Let everyone think the monster's dead a half hour before the movie ends! Then watch their surprised faces as it revives not once, but twice! It's genius!
8. Buy a lot of ketchup packets. I mean c'mon, you gotta go for realism here.
9. No one, and I mean no one, can be killed naturally. Have them, I don't know, get their heads bitten off or crack them in half over the monster's knees. Ooo! Better yet! Rip their arm off and beat them with it! That's not funny at all if you put enough ketch--er---blood and screaming.
10. Let atleast one couple survive so that in the end they can make out like sausages.
11. Tripods are too expensive. Just hold it on your shoulder. I'm sure no one will notice the camera jerking every 2 seconds.
12. As the last scene, show a clip of the monster's arm/tentacle/claw/whatever twitching to give the impression that it survived the rockslide/explosion/volcanic eruption/multiple gunshot wounds to the head.
13. If the protagonists need gas or ammo, always put it on the opposite side of where they're at. And have the monster protect it like its own children.
14. Always let the audience know that the monster is nearby by playing obviously menacing music every time even if it doesn't really fit into the scene.
15. Have atleast one person with the wrong kind of accent or nationality from where they're supposedly from.

Come on, I know you know of one movie like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment