Thursday, August 23, 2012

Taking something from one man and making it worse is plagiarism

Help me!!! I can't get off Yahoo answers!
Well...atleast drag me out of the religion and spirituality section. It makes me angry and frustrated to see all these supposed "fellow Christians" acting like moronic idiots! Seriously! One person claimed God told her who she's going to marry. Another said that God was going to give them whatever they wanted because they found "favour." Whaaaat?  Christians are not (all) woo-hoos! Stop claiming it just to troll!!!
See what I mean?
I did have fun answering questions about people's poems though. Can't say I discovered the next Robert Louis Stevenson, but some of them were pretty good. Others?
Well...you know the saying. "If you can't say anything nice..."
Anyway, I seem to have made quite an impression on one person. A few days after browsing and answering some poetry questions, I get a message from a user asking if I'll help her with a poem. Of course, I said yes.
Hey, I know you would do it too for that extra oomph of ego.
So, there I was thinking I was helping a girl understand a poem better. I gave her my insight on the poem, explaining what I got out of it and what I thought the poem was trying to get across. She was very thankful for my insight. Of course, she was.
Little did I know, I was helping this girl...WITH HER HOMEWORK!
The next message is sent to me containing some very specific questions. Questions that I know very well she didn't make up herself. I pointed this fact out, gave her a little guidance on how to get some of the answers for herself, and basically said that I wasn't about to give her a free ride on my back for a good grade. Kids these days, sheesh!
Just like the usual youngsters these days. They want all the answers, but they don't want to make any effort to find them theirselves. Sad. I don't know how she'll do on the project, but I guarantee she won't feel any pride from the work she didn't do. Asking for help was good. I'll gladly help someone who is struggling with trying to understand something. Asking me to do everything was bad. Very bad.
I just wonder how much effort she put into it before she asked me to help her.
I think you know the answer just as well as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment