Tuesday, July 24, 2012

love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction

Girls, girls, girls.....
What can i say? we're temperamental, emotional, and completely confusing at times.
However, there is one quality that we seem to have mastered perfectly: desperate.
Seriously, i've grown quite tired of the "I'm single!!!! I'M SO ALONE I NEED A BOYFRIEND HE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING PERFECT!!!!!!" mentality.
Girls! don't you realize that one man cannot solve your every teeny tiny little problem? Don't you realize that he will have problems too? That most likely he might not be able to solve them for you? Listen, i'm gonna tell it to you straight. A real relationship will center around helping each other with each other's problems. Working as a team, not a one-sided effort, to figure out the best way to handle something. The main concern you should have for wanting a relationship should not be what he can do for you, but what you can do for him and what you two can do together. Chances are, the problems you think you have, can be solved by yourself.
Oh, what's that? You're lonely?
So am I.
But i'm not going around boohoo-ing about it. I've come to a point where i realize that being single isn't something i can control. I don't see myself as a lonely little speck in the world who's destined to be alone for the rest of my life. I've accepted it as a long-distance relationship...my husband is simply living in the future.
"But i'm so lonely now, i can hardly bear it!!!!!"
Do you really want the quickie answer, dear? Because chances are, if you get it quick, you'll lose it just as quickly.
Oh, and about all those woe-is-me statuses and photos you share all over the place?
Let me spell it out for you: D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.I.O.N.
It doesn't make me feel sorry for you. It doesn't make anyone think more highly of you. It's unattractive, and last thing i heard, guys weren't drawn to unattractive things. Do you really think your dream man is gonna see that crap and think "Wow, she's so awesome. I'm gonna ask her out and end her pain" ?
Answer: NO.
Most likely, he'll be like "Wow, she seems really needy. I don't even want to imagine what she'd be like as a girlfriend."
Ladies, please...just be yourself. Be happy with who you are (without a man). Don't change. Wait for the good things, and they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment