Sunday, July 29, 2012

He looked as frightened as *I* was. I looked at him... and I saw myself.

My friend...he's amazing.
Actually, some people i know would more or less see him as a miracle. I guess i see him that way too.
It's funny how things seem to work out sometimes. There i was, sitting by myself, when lo and behold, here comes one of my guy friends!...with another guy friend. Honestly, i don't even think i cared much. I wasn't really impressed with what i saw. But something grabbed me about that guy, something i still can't put my finger on it. My only guess is the hand of God showing me that we were in the same boat. Both of us were just starting out in a new atmosphere, starting college, meeting hundreds of new people, scared. to. death. The funny thing is, after i met him these were pretty much my exact thoughts:
"Wow, he was a really nice guy. I'll probably never see him again though."
But, i did. We've hung out for about two/three years now. And what a rocky couple of years it has been. Rocky, but wonderful. I could never ask for a better friend.
The miracle part is simply the fact that he's a guy. (Well, with that pronoun, what else could he be?) Let's just say, a lot of people who knew me had no faith that i would ever get the attention of any male ever. Guess they were wrong.
So now, I have a best friend who is supportive, encouraging, passionate, endearing, humorous, sensitive, and thoughtful. (also paranoid. IT'S PARANNOYING!!!). We both have our flaws, but somehow we always manage to get through the little rough spots. We always do it by coming to a mutual understanding. We're not perfect; we're still working on some issues that come up every now and then.
I only have two years left to see him. Every time i think about it now, i cry. I really don't want to lose my friendship with him, but some things are just out of my control. I have vowed that i will not push a relationship with him, i will not criticize everything he does, i will not look down on him for his mistakes. i will cherish every second i have left with the most wonderful, amazing guy i know. I love him...as a friend.
If you have a friend like mine, please don't underestimate their influence on your life. My life is so much more than i could've ever imagined with him as my friend. I hope and pray we stay friends forever. Cherish every second you have with your friends, because you never know how long you'll have with them. Tomorrow's never guaranteed, but the time you have now is. Take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment